Many people see the advantages of gold as an investment even in these down economic times. It is important to consider your options before you make an investment in gold. There are many choices when it comes buying precious metals. These are the top 5 methods to buy precious metals. Visit our website and learn more about gold IRA research.
1. Physical Coins – Gold used for investment purposes is a tradition that has existed for thousands upon thousands of years. The first coins were made. Because they are small and easily transportable, coins can hold a great deal of wealth. These treasures can either be purchased online or at your local currency dealer.
2. Physical Bars – This is a great way for you to invest in gold. You are buying gold at its lowest price when you purchase bars. Bars have the smallest premium or markup over the spot price, compared to smaller denominations.
3. Precious Metals IRA – Investing gold in your IRA will help protect against inflation and diversify your retirement savings. When you purchase gold for an IRA, you are simply having a third party storage company store your gold.
4. COMEX Contract- A COMEX contract is a gold futures contract that covers a specific amount of gold. One gold Comex is 100 oz. of gold and can be delivered on request once the futures contract has expired. While your gold is actually stored at the Comex vault you have many complaints that the Comex gives cash settlements instead of physical bullion.
5. ETF’s – GLD is an exchange traded fund. GLD trades on the exchange like a mutual fund. While you don’t have actual ownership of the gold, your exposure to the price for gold is similar to a derivative. If you don’t plan to purchase physical bullion, then this route could be an option.